|Titre :||European integration and Nordic alcohol policies : Changes in alcohol controls and consequences in Finland, Norway and Sweden, 1980-1997|
|Auteurs :||H. D. HOLDER ; KUHLHORN E. ; S. NORDLUND ; E. OSTERBERG ; A. ROMELSJO ; UGLAND T.|
|Type de document :||Livre|
|Editeur :||Aldershot : Ashgate Publishing, 1998|
|Format :||254 p. / fig. ; tabl.|
|Discipline :||SAN (Santé publique / Public health)|
Thésaurus TOXIBASEALCOOL ; POLITIQUE ; ECONOMIE ; COUT ; CONSOMMATION ; TAXE
Thésaurus GéographiqueEUROPE ; NORVEGE ; SUEDE ; FINLANDE
The membership and alignment of Sweden, Finland and Norway in the EU has had a significant impact on the alcohol policies of each of these countries. Each has a long history of state control of alcohol production as well as wholesale, import and retail sales. The purpose of such state controls is to maintain a lower overall consumption of alcohol and the associated lower level of alcohol problems.
This book describes the changes in alcohol policy and practice and the consequences for each of these three countries as a result of the association with the EU. It describes the negotiations and their results concerning alcohol policy, the patterns of alcohol sales and consumption, changes in public values and attitudes concerning alcohol sales and its control, the health and social problems which are related to these changes and economic actors and consequences of changes in alcohol policy.
|Note de contenu :||
1. Background: history and purpose of Nordic alcohol control policies
2. Nordic alcohol control policy and the process of European integration
3. National systems for alcohol production, distribution, and retail
4. Taxation and retail prices of alcoholic beverages
5. Levels and patterns of alcohol consumption
6. Social and health consequences of alcohol consumption
7. Economic actors and consequences
8. Changes in attitudes to alcohol policy in the Nordic countries
9. Conclusions and thoughts about the future.
|Domaine :||Alcool / Alcohol|
|Refs biblio. :||168|
|Centre Emetteur :||13 OFDT|