|Titre :||Comparative monitoring of alcohol epidemiology across the EU. Baseline assessment and suggestions for future action. Synthesis report|
|Auteurs :||J. MOSKALEWICZ, Editeur scientifique ; R. ROOM, Editeur scientifique ; B. THOM, Editeur scientifique|
|Type de document :||Rapport|
|Editeur :||RARHA (Reducing Alcohol Related Harm), 2016|
|Format :||368 p. / tabl., graph., fig.|
|Discipline :||EPI (Epidémiologie / Epidemiology)|
Thésaurus TOXIBASEALCOOL ; COMPARAISON ; EPIDEMIOLOGIE ; SURVEILLANCE EPIDEMIOLOGIQUE ; ENQUETE ; CONSOMMATION ; MOTIVATION ; METHODE ; TYPE D'USAGE ; QUESTIONNAIRE ; BOISSON ALCOOLISEE
Thésaurus GéographiqueEUROPE ; UNION EUROPEENNE
The Joint Action on Reducing Alcohol Related Harm (RARHA) coordinated by the Portuguese governmental agency SICAD (General Directorate for Intervention on Addictive Behaviours and Dependencies) was launched in January 2014. It consisted of three core work packages:
WP4 - strengthening the monitoring of drinking patterns and alcohol related harm across EU countries;
WP5 - good practice principles in the use of drinking guidelines to reduce alcohol related harm;
WP6 - good practice (in primary prevention) tool kit.
This document will present results achieved by WP4 which was led by the Polish governmental agency PARPA (The State Agency for the Prevention of Alcohol-Related Problems) and co-led by the German IFT (Institute for Therapy Research).
WP4 had two objectives:
- providing a baseline for comparative assessment and monitoring of alcohol epidemiology, including drinking levels and patterns and alcohol related harms across the EU;
- strengthening capacity in comparative alcohol survey methodology and increasing interest in using common methodology in the future.
Two tasks to achieve the objectives were adopted:
- task 1 - a common alcohol survey methodology to be elaborated and implemented using as blueprint the survey instrument developed and tested for cross-cultural applicability in EU-funded project SMART;
- task 2 - data from surveys carried out in the years 2008-2013 to be pooled and recoded for comparative assessment.
Synthesis report: baseline epidemiological assessment of drinking patterns and harm across the EU and suggestions for a system of comparative monitoring of alcohol epidemiology across the EU. Task 1, i.e. results of a standardised European alcohol survey - RARHA SEAS will be presented in part A of this report, while task 2, i.e. results of comparative assessment of national surveys carried out in the years 2008-2013 will be described in part B of this report.
Expected long-term outcomes:
- Alcohol policy based on sound and comparative assessment at national and European levels;
- EEA-wide monitoring system based on a standardized survey instrument.
|Domaine :||Alcool / Alcohol|