|Titre :||Meeting youth where they are: Substance use disorder treatment in schools (2016)|
|Auteurs :||M. M. BENNINGFIELD|
|Type de document :||Article : Périodique|
|Dans :||Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America (Vol.25, n°4, October 2016)|
|Article en page(s) :||661-668|
|Discipline :||TRA (Traitement et prise en charge / Treatment and care)|
Thésaurus mots-clésMILIEU SCOLAIRE ; PRISE EN CHARGE ; INTERVENTION ; TRAITEMENT ; ADOLESCENT ; THERAPIE COGNITIVO-COMPORTEMENTALE ; SANTE MENTALE ; PSYCHOTHERAPIE ; ALCOOL ; CANNABIS ; CRAFFT ; DEPISTAGE ; INTERVENTION BREVE ; TRAITEMENT INTEGRE
Providing school-based mental health treatment offers an opportunity to reach a greater number of affected youth by providing services in the setting where youth spend the majority of their time. In some contexts, even a single session of assessment has been linked with significant decreases in substance use; however, more robust treatments are likely needed to sustain these decreases over time. Empirically based individual and group treatments designed for delivery in clinic settings can readily be adapted for implementation in school settings. School-based delivery of substance use services offers an important opportunity to bridge a significant gap in services.
- School is an ideal setting for mental health interventions including treatment for substance use disorders.
- Substance use assessment - alone or paired with brief intervention - is associated with decreased substance use in high school students.
- More intensive intervention is required to effect sustained behavior change.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapies are effective and can be easily adapted for implementation in schools.
- Several models for school-based intervention have been studied, but additional research is needed.
|Domaine :||Alcool / Alcohol ; Drogues illicites / Illicit drugs|
|Sous-type de document :||Revue de la littérature / Literature review|
|Refs biblio. :||42|
|Affiliation :||Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA|