|Titre :||Novel psychoactive substances. Classification, pharmacology and toxicology|
|Auteurs :||P. I. DARGAN, Editeur scientifique ; D. M. WOOD, Editeur scientifique|
|Type de document :||Livre|
|Mention d'édition :||1st Edition|
|Editeur :||London : Academic Press - Elsevier, 2013|
|Format :||423 p. / index, ill.|
|Discipline :||PRO (Produits, mode d'action, méthode de dépistage / Substances, action mode, screening methods)|
Thésaurus TOXIBASEDROGUES DE SYNTHESE ; PHARMACOLOGIE ; TOXICOLOGIE ; MARCHE DE LA DROGUE ; PHENOMENE EMERGENT ; PREVALENCE ; ANALYSE CHIMIQUE ; AMPHETAMINES ; BZP ; MEPHEDRONE ; KETAMINE ; CANNABINOIDES ; TOXICITE ; DEPENDANCE
"Novel Psychoactive Substances: Classification, Pharmacology and Toxicology" provides readers with background on the classification, detection, supply and availability of novel psychoactive substances, otherwise known as "legal highs." This book also covers individual classes of novel psychoactive substances that have recently emerged onto the recreational drug scene and provides an overview of the pharmacology of the substance followed by a discussion of the acute and chronic harm or toxicity associated with the substance. Written by international experts in the field, this multi-authored book is a valuable reference for scientists, clinicians, academics, and regulatory and law enforcement professionals.
- Includes chapters written by international experts in the field.
- Provides a comprehensive look at the classification, detection, availability and supply of novel psychoactive substances, in addition to the pharmacology and toxicology associated with the substance.
- Offers a single source for all interested parties working in this area, including scientists, academics, clinicians, law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- Provides a full treatment of novel psychoactive substances that have recently emerged onto the recreational drug scene including mephedrone and the synthetic cannabinoid receptors in 'spice' / 'K2'.
|Note de contenu :||
* Section 1: Background
1. Legal classification of novel psychoactive substances: an international comparison (L.A. King).
2. Monitoring novel psychoactive substances: a global perspective (R. Sedefov, A. Gallegos, J. Mounteney, P. Kenny).
3. Availability and supply of novel psychoactive substances (S.W. Smith, F.M. Garlich).
4. Epidemiology and use of novel psychoactive substances (H. Sumnall, J. McWeigh, M.J. Evans-Brown).
5. Social issues in the use of novel psychoactive substances: Differentiated demand and ideological supply (F. Measham).
* Section 2: Analytical techniques
6. Analytical techniques for the detection of novel psychoactive substances and their metabolites (F.T. Peters, M.R. Meyer).
* Section 3: Individual novel psychoactive substances
7. Synthetic amphetamines including novel MDMA analogues (J. Lapoint, P.I. Dargan, R.S. Hoffman).
8. 1-Benzylpiperazine and other piperazine-based derivatives (P. Gee, L. Schep).
9. Mephedrone (D.M. Wood, P.I. Dargan).
10. Pipradrol and pripradrol derivatives (M.W. White, J.R.H. Archer).
11. Aminoindanes analogues (S.D. Brandt, R.A. Braithwaite, M. Evans-Brown, A.T. Kicman).
12. Ketamine (Q. Li, W. Man Chan, J.A. Rudd, C. Mei Wang, P.Y.H. Lam, M. Sen Mun Wai, D.M. Wood, P.I. Dargan, D.T. Yew).
13. Synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonists (V. Auwärter, P.I. Dargan, D.M. Wood).
15. Natural product (fungal and herbal) novel psychoactive substances (S. Gibbons, W. Arunotayanun).
16. Tryptamines (S.L. Greene).
17. Benzofurans and benzodifurans (S.L. Greene).
18. Miscellaneous compounds (S.L. Greene).
|Domaine :||Autres substances / Other substances ; Drogues illicites / Illicit drugs|